About Beth Sobol
Beth Sobol is a premier fashion business expert and consultant with a focus on launching the careers of International emerging designers into the American market. Sobol worked as an internationally recognized model for over 20 years in 40 countries and parlayed that experience into developing her successful fashion show and special event production company.
Sobol is the founder of the original Miami Fashion Week®, one of the top fashion weeks in the world, creating the platform that launched the careers of hundreds of international designers into the American market, while hosting thousands of celebrities and guests from around the globe.
Beth is now the President and CEO of the Council of International Fashion Designers™, an on-line fashion business organization providing business development, resources and access to top fashion and business experts for brands seeking commercial success in the American market.
Beth is also at the helm of the Council of International Fashion Designers Foundation, a non-profit organization that works to educate and support the world’s best students in the creative arts through competitions, scholarships, and mentoring opportunities to prepare them for successful careers in the fashion industry.
In addition, Beth is developing a two-day conference on the convergence of fashion, retail, technology and capital called Future of Xperience that will launch in Miami in 2019.
Beth has served as a judge at many of the world’s most prestigious beauty and fashion events including:
- Miss Universe®
- Miss Colombia
- Miss Ecuador
- Dubai Style Awards
- Mr. Male Model Universe
- Banja Luka Fashion Fair
- Mission Catwalk
- Super Model of the Bahamas
International Awards and Honors include:
- Florida's Top 100 Power Players - Florida International Magazine
- Award of Excellence in Fashion Development - Russian Am Trade Promotion Council
- 50 Most Powerful People in Miami - Reel Life Magazine
- Top 25 Influencers in Florida - General Motors Corporation
- Entrepreneur of the Year - Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Living The Dream - InWeston Magazine
- International Women's Day Award - World Trade Center Miami
- Gold Medal Award for Outstanding Achievement - Miami Today
- Movers and Shakers Award - South Florida Business Leaders Magazine
- Influential Business Women Award - South Florida Business Journal
- Top Real Women in Fashion - Miami Fashion Spotlight
- Beth Sobol Emerging Latin American Designer Award - Ecuador Fashion Week
- State of Florida Government Proclamation - Secretary of State Katherine Harris
- City of Miami Proclamation - Mayor Thomás Regalado
- City of Miami Beach Proclamation - Mayor Mattie Bower
- Five Keys to the City of Miami Beach - Mayor’s David Dermer and Neisen Kadsen
Speaking engagements have including, but are not limited to:
- Commencement Ceremony - Keynote Speaker, A.i. The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
- Women Who Lead Conference - Keynote Speaker, Florida International University
- International Business & Entrepreneurship Symposium - Lead and Moderator, Get Ready for Change Panel, Lynn University, College of Business and Management
- Fashion Industry Influencers: How to Succeed After Graduation - Leader, fashion business panel - Johnson & Wales University, School of Business
- Global X-Culture Symposium - Curator and Moderator of the Executive Leadership Panel, Johnson & Wales University, School of Business
Organizations and board member service include:
- World Trade Center Miami - Board of Directors, 2008 to present
- Miami-Dade Beacon Council - Creative Design Committee Member, 2015-2017
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce - Creative Industries Committee, 2007-2009
- Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce - Women’s Business Council, 2005-2008
Beth continues producing fashion events for charities and corporate clients and, acts as a host, guest speaker, judge and spokesperson for various organizations and events around the world.